Dr. Morris is an Adult and Children’s Allergy Consultant with postgraduate diplomas in Allergy, Dermatology, Family Practice and Paediatrics.
Allergy Clinic South Africa
Find out expert information about allergy testing and treatment of allergies with Dr. Adrian Morris
Imagine Living Allergy Free
Dr. Morris consults in Cape Town and Johannesburg, specialising in allergy testing and treatment plans for patients of all ages.
Allergy Clinic | Cape Town & Southern Africa
Expert Allergy Testing
Dr. Morris consults in Cape Town and throughout Southern Africa online, specialising in allergy testing and treatment plans for patients of all ages.
Roller -Coaster of COVID-19 lock downs and favouring Virtual Online consultations. During the South African COVID-19 Pandemic Lock Downs over the last 18 months, we only offered virtual online consultations. Now back at Level 2, we are only able to offer skin prick testing and allergen patch testing in Cape Town only. All other Allergy Testing will be performed at a Pathology Laboratory close to you via a remote online consultation. Please contact us via the Online Consultation webpage or phone 0838426714 and let us know what sort of allergy related problem you are experiencing and then we can respond by email if we can accommodate you. We have a full face-to-face allergy diagnostic service in Cape Town , but only on a Thursday during Lock Down level 2. Many apologies for any inconvenience to our other patients, but are able to offer them complete virtual online consultation service and arrange allergy testing anywhere is Southern Africa.
Call today and arrange a full online consultation with Dr Adrian Morris. Contact us directly via our Enquiries page on this website or telephone 0838426714.
COVID-19 vaccine and anaphylaxis
There has been a lot of confusion and misinformation about risks of anaphylaxis to the COVID -19 coronavirus vaccines available. Many healthy individuals are being declined the vaccine and told to be allergy tested if they have a history of food or medication allergy or any form of anaphylaxis.
The COVID-19 vaccines contain no food proteins or other medication so this should not be a contra-indication.
Acute anaphylaxis and severe allergic reactions to the vaccine constituents have only been reported in 1 in one million recipients.
The only individuals who should not have the COVID-19 vaccine are those with a history of anaphylaxis to a previous vaccine (such as Influenza) or to the first dose of current COVID-19 vaccine.
If you and your GP still have concerns, the COVID-19 vaccine can be administered in a medical facility with a test dose of 10% followed after 30 minutes observation with the other 90% dose. A further 30 minutes observation should be undertaken. As an additional precaution, one can also take an antihistamine tablet one hour before the vaccination.
Only those with a history of previous mRNA and Viral vector vaccine anaphylaxis (such as to a previous Influenza vaccine) need to be skin tested with the excipients in the vaccine such as PEG 2000 (Pfizer vaccine) and Polysorbate 80 (Astra Zeneca vaccine). All others do not need allergy testing or special precautions taken when receiving the vaccine.
The non-uptake of the COVID-19 vaccination and “vaccine hesitancy” has serious implication of infection and Long COVID side effects for those who don’t receive the vaccine. Other social impacts of not having been vaccinated are that their employers may not allow them to return to their workplace, plus their inability to travel without a “vaccine passport” and they will not be able to socialise in restaurants and pubs where a vaccination certificate may become a prerequisite to enter the premises.
POPIA Compliance: Please note that www.allergyclinic.co.za website is subject to the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act (Act 4 of 2013), as well as the General Data Protection Regulations of the European Union (GDPR EU). Your personal information will be treated with strict confidentiality and used only in accordance with the purpose for which it is intended. Your data will never be passed on to any third party and will only be available to Dr Adrian Morris of Johannesburg Allergy Clinic and protected by Two Factor Authentication on the website to ensure users’ accounts cannot be breached.
South African Pollen & Allergen Forecast October 2021
|Pollen Level||Indoor Level||Mould Level|
Pollen: Tree, grass & weed pollen (triggers hay fever)
Indoor: Dust Mites, cat & dog dander (triggers asthma, eczema & rhinitis)
Mould: Mildew spores (triggers asthma)
Disclaimer: These aero-allergen levels are not real-time values but projections taking into account current climatic and weather conditions together with levels from previous years.